Friday, February 15, 2008

For Sale; Northern California Gold Country; Time To Get Nostalgic

I know...I know...I said I would do part two of our eBay nightmare, but I am not in that frame of mind..this is more fun.


When I was a little kid, I would take long drives with my mom and my great grandmother. We would go into El Dorado Hills, Placerville, Auburn, Calaveras County, up and down Highway 49 to see what we could find. I never knew where we would end or get home.

I was a slightly spoiled only child and usually got what I wanted in the trinket shops as long as it was under $3.00. To walk into those old west themed stores filled with barrels of penny candy, milk bark, gold foiled chocolate coins and nuggets, pretend bank notes and cowboy hats was always such a treat. I loved the smells, the sounds, everything they had to offer.

So when we recently found this Gold Rush store rack; it really brought back a lot of great memories and I just had to offer it.

It is a Mini - Miners store display that held figures of the old west. They were little figurines of gold minors, cowboys, shop keepers, etc. Mini Miners are extremely rare. You can find Mini Miner Decanters on eBay, but they do not fit this and I don't even know if they were made by the same company.

I love the avocado green and burnt orange burlap in the back. Obviously this was from the early 1970's. I figured there has to be someone who wants it more than me...but for right now it is hanging in my 1950's home, near the old fireplace, above the cold stone floor holding vintage stone fruit. You can find this awesome item in our store. :)

No comments: