Friday, March 14, 2008

I Have Been Tagged

Well, I am supposed to be packing..but I haven't slept in a week and I am avoiding all I need to do...so, I figured I would blab. Blabbing is always fun.

I was tagged by my new dear friend Christina from her blog My Tangerine Dreams

I am supposed to talk about 5 things about myself, quirks or oddities I guess, that I possess. I think the quirks are more interesting reading material....but I actually found this to be quite difficult to do. I live with four children, three on the Autistic spectrum, and their father's whole family, my ex husband, had a very "quirky" yet demanding way about them. I was raised around very laid back type of people who just went with the flow and were quite spontaneous...

So, I really try not to be quirky where it gets in other peoples' way. You know, kind of like when you are at a party and everyone decides to go to Taco Bell and that one person says "No, I won't eat Taco Bell. I heard they have problems with cleanliness" .............. So it ruins it for the whole group while billions of people eat at Taco Bell just fine every day type of thing??

So, I spent two nights lying awake thinking about this....and I think I know mine now....and I can see where they could become a problem at times.

#1 You will always...and I mean ALWAYS see me in a tie dye t-shirt and jeans.
No, I am not kidding. I HATE to dress up....AT ALL. I guess that should be number two, but it fits with the reason I am doing number one, so let's combine them. The tie dyes put me in a relaxed frame of mind..and a mental vacation at all times...I need this with my life. I get a lot of compliments on them. I usually cannot go anywhere without someone saying something, and them wishing they could wear them to work to..ah, the joys of being self employed and I get to say "neener neener." This is such an issue my better half and I will be marrying barefoot, in some type of hippie garb to avoid dressing up. It is all about avoiding dressing up.

Which, doesn't make a lot of sense. Look at me in 1987.

How hysterical is this? I had no problem then, what is my problem now? I was heading to church, BTW.

So now it is all about comfort and abstract colors of the hippie people.








I usually by tie dyes from:
psychedeliccircus.com

I have been buying from them for years...like this one...









......Or this one








Or this one...

















#2
I have an eyebrow fetish. You read that right.
An eyebrow fetish. I am obsessed with eyebrows. Probably because I hate my own. But I noticed that it is always the first thing I look at when I look at magazines, or people in general. Very weird. I only came to this conclusion about 3 months ago. Luckily I was in the office of my Autistic son's therapist, who I adore, flipping thru magazines I don't allow at home, like Cosmo, so I blurted outloud "Anne, I think I have a severe eyebrow fetish I can't control. Can you help me?" She just laughed and walked away. I should probably ask her what that meant.


#3 I cannot stand the sound that Pillsbury dough cans make when opened. It scares the crap out of me and it makes no sense whatsoever, but I hate it with a passion.


#4 My two favorite sandwiches are: Bologna and banana with mayo and a tad mustard / Toasted bread, peanut butter and bacon. YUM.

#5 Number 5....hmmm..this is your last chance to hear whacky stuff about me...and seriously, for the life of me..I can't get this out of my head.

I want to be the Argentina Gnome. I really do. From the first moment I saw this little guy's picture..then scooting like a fiddler crab..it became one of my life dreams. The ability to dress like that and put mass amounts of people into fits of hysteria........what a feeling. Who wouldn't want this??

So that I think is enough to digest for awhile...maybe, just maybe...I will be tagged again and be required to do part two....

Ok...so I am tagging: Kristin

Robin

Eternity Forever


11 comments:

Christina said...

See...I knew I would get some good oddities out of you? I hope your trip is delightful and that you get some time to relax. Ciao!

Christina said...

See....I knew I would get some great answers from you, LOL! You so crazy Amber!!

Have a wonderful trip and we will catch up when you return. Ciao!

The Nostalgic Nugget said...

Thank you! I will keep in touch! Take care of yourself!

eddy said...

Amber, you are such a trip...Those are some really decent tie-dyes! I could just make your day and tag you but I'll let you off the hook :)
peace out,
-eddy

Robin Lynne said...

"#3 I cannot stand the sound that Pillsbury dough cans make when opened."

OH. My. gosh. Me too!!! My husband bought a can of biscuits (usually we get the frozen ones in a bag..) and I peeled the foily part back.. and I was terrified.. nothing happened. I got a spoon.. poked at the slit in the cardboard.. and still, nothing.

I got a knife.. jammed it into the slit and BAM! I screamed, the thing exploded and biscuit started oozing out and I couldn't unpeel the cardboard part to free the biscuits. We're never buying canned biscuits again :D

I'll be posting 5 randomly quirky things in a little while :D yayyy

Wonderfully Sew Knit said...

lol I love #3...I couldn't agree more. :o)

Anonymous said...

It's so freaky but every time I see that photo of you in 87' I think it's one of my old high school photos for a second! I look nothing like that anymore either but in school I had the same hair, size, complexion and in this one photo, I am wearing an outfit almost identical but the top was teal! If I dig it up, I'll have to show you. Anyway, I was working on my newsletter and I added your ecrater shop to my list of vintage store links on my newsletter! Cuz that's just the kind of gal I am!

The Nostalgic Nugget said...

I am so glad I am not the only one with a freaky fear of pop dough cans, nor am I the only one that looked like this 20...YES I SAID 20, YEARS ago. Someone should tag me again, I found more... ahem... *quirks*

The Apron Queen said...

OMG! You're full of cool stuff! Notice you're headed to AZ. My Wordless Wed is Grand Canyon trip.

I'm Rick Rack Attack on Flickr. You favorited some of my pics & I wandered over here to say Hi.

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen, the home of Vintage Thingies Thursdays.

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

Amber, where are you? We miss you!!

The Nostalgic Nugget said...

Hey Mitzi,

First we went to Arizona, then we were healing fro the trip to Arizona, then I pulled a tendon in my butt...yes..my butt and then my whole house has been fighting a weather change flu.

I just happen to pop on for a few minutes but I am not on a lot since I can't sit in the chair too long. Slowly healing and I re-pulled it twice..trying to get things done on the days I felt better and paid for it..so hopefully soon I will be back in the swing of things

Thanks for the kind email.