Tuesday, March 11, 2008

OH Arizona...HERE WE COME!



That's right....Saturday is the day we embark on a 16 hour straight shot drive with a 16 year old teen girl who has no patience for her three siblings...., a 14 year old Autistic son who loves to sing songs from the 70's.... out loud, a 10 year old severely ADHD son who HATES doing anything but playing on his DS and sees no benefit from human contact or nature, and a 9 year old very sweet but sensitive son who has a carb addiction and severe motion sickness.

Ah.......the joys of road travel...

Wish me luck.... My fellow parental units...
I am destined to teach my kids all about the joys of road trips, coolers filled with smashed turkey and cheese, endless sing alongs..and family involvement. If I do not come back.............pray.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lesson in patience.
I bid you adieu.

Anonymous said...

WOW, you are a BRAVE woman! Good luck to you! :0

Lani
www.lanisvintage.etsy.com

Martha Hughes said...

You know you are doing exactly what I wish my parents had done when I was growing up. It might be hell now but it will be one of those shared memories that will everyone will have.

We still give my dad a good ribbing for getting us (me and my two brothers and sister) stuck in the permafrost in the Chugach (sp) mountains in Alaska. It was an impromptu drive that turned into an overnight impromptu sleep over. Good thing there was that dirty laundry to snuggle up in - even though it was Summer it get's pretty cool at night. Picture my father with four very indignant children all under the age of 8 on his hands. We were not very happy.
Now we all think it's a great family story.

ByLightOfMoon said...

I have a small vintage teardrop trailer I can't wait to go out with it.
smiles, cyndi